- We offer discounted rates for both adults and children with disabilities, we also offer FREE admission for accompanying carers.
- You may be asked for proof of disability status. This could be evidence of DLA, PIP, Blue Badge or a medical letter confirming disbility. please don’t be offended by our staff asking- some disabilities are not visible and we try to treat all our visitors the same.
- There are dedicated disabled parking bays near the entrance to the aquarium, these spaces are pay and display. We do not own or operate the car park so please pay at the pay and display machine, or if you need to pay by card or wish to talk to an attendant payment can be made at the Windermere Lake Cruises ticket office, situated at the edge of the car park directly beside the disabled bays.
- The Aquarium is fully accessible to wheelchair users, with lift access between the two floors.
- Disabled toilets are situated alongside the Aquarium on the station platform. The path to these toilets is relatively flat and a dedicated disabled toilet is available for use.
- 1872 cafe and gift shop is located on the ground floor adjacent to the station behind the Aquarium and is accessible. Light snacks, drinks and gifts are available here.
- We do allow assistance dogs inside the aquarium building, however please do make our admissions staff aware that you are accompanied by a dog so that we can make our displays staff aware that a dog is on site. Please also have any relevent paperwork to hand which proves that the dog is a working dog.
For visitors on the Autistic Spectrum
- Plan ahead we realise that it is sometime reassuring to know what to expect during your visit. If you would like to speak to someone ahead of your visit please call 015395 30153
- Avoid busy times- for visitors who prefer not to be here during busy periods we advise avoiding school holidays and weekends. We generally find that Fridays and sunny days are the quietest days!
- Staff are always on hand and if you want any advice please do not hesitate to ask the admissions staff, they will do their best to help with any specific concerns.
Our knowledgeable talks team will be on hand throughout your visit to answer all your questions and pass on their unique passion and knowledge of all things aquatic!
We're open from 10am every day (except Christmas Day). Closing times vary throughout the year.