To help you make the most of your visit, we’ve put together a few terms to help you plan your day.
- Anyone wishing to gain entry to the aquarium must have a valid ticket, membership or prior authorisation. Contractors or business visitors must sign in at Reception prior to entering the aquarium.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to, eject or ban individuals or groups without refund for :
– Attempting to gain access without a valid ticket, membership or prior authorisation
– Using threatening, foul or abusive behaviour and giving reason to believe the ambience, safety or general enjoyment of the attraction or visitors may be compromised in any way
– Being in possession of offensive weapons or dangerous items
– Not adhering to written or verbal health and safety instructions
– Feeding any of the animals, outside of aquarium organised feeding sessions
– Being under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or other substances
- We reserve the right, if deemed necessary, to search any visitor or their belongings.
- We do not allow any animals to be brought into the aquarium except guide dogs or assistance dogs – please go to reception on arrival and this will be arranged.
- Car Parking is charged at £3.50 per day, including disabled bays. Vehicles are parked at the owners’ risk. The car park is owned and managed by Windermere Lake Cruises.
- Re-entry to the aquarium on the same day of your visit is allowed – please show your receipt when entering.
- Clothing that we deem to be offensive to other visitors must be removed or covered whilst in the aquarium. Footwear and tops must be worn at all times.
- Promotional vouchers may not be used in conjunction with any other offer and we reserve the right to refuse promotional vouchers without providing a reason.
- We accept Tesco Clubcard Days Out Vouchers only at our admission desks and against full paying adult tickets and child tickets. We need the physical vouchers, we can’t accept voucher codes.
- Visitors with pre-paid tickets (online, ticket agents, members or complimentary) please show your code/voucher at the admissions desk.
- We reserve the right to change admission prices.
- It is our aim to have all of the aquariums enclosures and attractions available for all visitors. However, when deemed necessary some animals may be off-show to the public, some areas restricted, some changes made to opening hours or talks / displays cancelled, all without refund or recompense.
- Photographs and videos taken by authorised visitors should be taken without obstructing or inconveniencing other visitors. Anyone found crossing barriers or entering non-public areas without prior written permission for the purposes of obtaining images will be asked to leave.
- At present considerate smoking is allowed in some areas outside of the aquarium building, smoking is not permitted inside the aquarium building.
Adult – aged 16 – 59 years
Senior – aged 60 years +
Child – aged 3- 15 years inclusive and must be accompanied by a responsible adult
Family – maximum of 2 adults
Disabled – must show proof of disability – DLA/PIP, blue badge or letter from GP
Carer – any adult accompanying a person with disabilities (no additional proof required)
Group – pre-booked with minimum 10 people
Under 3s – Children aged 2 years and under are admitted free of charge to the aquarium (and do not require a ticket)
Online Ticket Terms
- Dated tickets are for the day of purchase ONLY, the date of visit will be printed on the confirmation email.
- Open day online tickets are valid from the day after purchase and expire on 31st December (of the year of purchase)
- Online tickets are non-refundable and non-date transferable.
The terms and conditions under which the membership is offered are listed below:
- The membership types detailed here are they only options of Membership that we offer
- Child memberships can only be purchased with an adult membership
- Members, when visiting as part of a group or school visit, must pay group or school rate.
- Family memberships have a maximum 2 adults
- Membership runs until 31st December
- Memberships and membership cards are non-transferable
- Misuse of memberships and membership cards may result in the membership being terminated
- Cards must be shown to gain any member discounts
- Entrance to the aquarium will not be allowed without a valid membership card
- Any change of address must be notified in writing either by post or email: email@example.com
- Under 3’s are free of charge. Any child of a current member reaching their third birthday will be charged a full day admission or a membership may be purchased on a pro-rata basis
- There are no short term memberships (except children turning three) or pro-rata refunds should you wish to terminate a membership prior to expiry
- Lakes Aquarium is open 364 days a year. If we are forced to close due to circumstances beyond our control, we regret membership cannot be extended or money refunded
- Member benefits are reviewed annually and are subject to change
- If available, any renewal price and associated benefits are offered subject to membership being renewed prior to expiry
- Lakes Aquarium reserves the right to refuse admission and revoke a membership for any reason considered necessary
- Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Catering discounts do not apply in the Playbarn cafe.
We aim to provide an excellent standard of customer care, creating a warm and friendly environment which will ensure our visitors get the best experience during their visit.
We acknowledge that occasionally things can go wrong, leading to visitors wanting to make a complaint and we welcome this feedback as we can review and adjust our operation to better suit the needs of our visitors.
It is usually best to resolve the complaint at the time by speaking to one of our members of staff. If they are not the right person for you to speak with they will be able to contact the relevant person for you and there is always a Duty Manager available.
If you are unable to make a complaint at the time, please contact us as soon as possible, detailing the following information:
- Proof of visit
- Date and time of visit
- Name or description of any member(s) of staff spoken to or involved
- Nature of the complaint (including time and location within the aquarium if applicable)
You can contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Lakes Aquarium, Lakeside, Newby Bridge, Ulverston, Cumbria. LA12 8AS
The sooner you can get in touch with us, the sooner we’ll be able to help you. We aim to resolve complaints within 14 days of receiving them.