RLL are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (prior to 25th May 2018), the General Data Protection Regulation (on or after 25th May 2018) (GDPR) and any other data protection legislation in force in the United Kingdom from time to time, the data controller is Real Live Leisure Company Limited (RLL), Oceanarium, Pier Approach, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 5AA.
http://www.lakesaquaium.co.uk (the site) is a site operated by RLL, a limited company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 03446630 whose registered office is at Oceanarium, Pier Approach, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 5AA. RLL’s VAT number is 913 0554 543.
Information RLL may collect from you
RLL may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give to RLL. You may give RLL information about you by purchasing tickets through or filling in forms on the site, by completing forms or providing information in person at Lakes Aquarium itself or by corresponding with RLL by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give RLL may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information or other factual information about yourself which you provide when you purchase entry or experience tickets or gift vouchers either on the site or at Lakes Aquarium, complete a membership pack or make enquiries to become a member of Lakes Aquarium, you complete the necessary forms in order to adopt an animal, you book a party at Lakes Aquarium, you apply for or take a job at Lakes Aquarium, you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions including signing up to RLL’s newsletter, you enter a competition, promotion or survey, or when you report a problem to RLL.
- Information RLL collects about you. RLL may also automatically collect the following information about you when you use the site:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information RLL receives from other sources. RLL may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites RLL operates or the other services RLL provides. RLL are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
It is important that the personal data RLL holds about you is accurate and current. Please keep RLL informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with them.
Uses made of the information
RLL uses information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to RLL. RLL will use this information:
- to provide you with the information that you request from RLL;
- where RLL needs to perform the contract you are about to enter into with them or that they have already entered into with you.
- where it is necessary for RLL’s legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- where RLL needs to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally RLL does not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You will receive marketing communications from RLL if you have requested information from RLL or purchased tickets, memberships or other goods from RLL or if you provided RLL with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
- Information RLL collects about you on the site. RLL will use this information:
- to administer the site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of RLL’s service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of RLL’s efforts to keep the site safe and secure; and
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising RLL serves to you and others.
- Information RLL receives from other sources. RLL may combine this information with information you give to RLL and information it collects about you. RLL may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information RLL receives).
- Failure to provide personal information. Where RLL requires personal information in order to be able to enter into a contract with you, or to perform a contract, your failure to supply the information will prevent the effecting or performance of the contract and RLL will have no liability for any loss which results from the failure to supply the required data.
- How long RLL will hold the information. RLL only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, RLL considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which RLL processes your personal data and whether RLL can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Disclosure of your information
RLL may have to share your personal information with other companies within the RLL group who are based in the UK and Spain.
You agree that RLL may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Service providers based in the UK or Spain who provide IT and system administration services;
- Professional advisors including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the UK or Spain;
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the UK or Spain; or
- Third parties to whom RLL (or any other group company of RLL) chooses to sell, transfer, or merge parts of its business or assets. Alternatively, RLL may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to RLL’s business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice
RLL requires all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. RLL does not allow its third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with RLL’s instructions.
Where RLL stores your personal data
All information you provide to RLL will be securely stored either electrically on its secure servers (including but not limited to web and email servers), in the cloud (via a credible third party cloud storage partner), within RLL’s’ accounting software, by any of RLL’s business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors or other companies within RLL’s group in connection with the performance of any contract RLL enters into with you or in hard copy paper format. It is likely that your data will be transferred to RLL’s parent company, Parques Reunidos Servicios Centrales S.A. to be stored on its servers in Spain.
If in the future your personal data is transferred by RLL outside the EEA for processing or storage, RLL will ensure that any such transfer is made in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 (prior to 25th May 2018) or the GDPR (on or after 25th May 2018) as applicable.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although RLL will do its best to protect your personal data, RLL cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once RLL have received your information, RLL will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). RLL would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact RLL in the first instance.
You have the right to ask RLL not to process your personal data for marketing purposes or any other purposes at any time. RLL will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if it intends to use your data for such purposes or if it intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent the processing of data for marketing purposes by refusing to provide consent on the forms RLL uses to collect your data. Where you have previously provided consent to receive marketing material from RLL, you can also exercise the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting RLL at email@example.com.
The site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of RLL’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that RLL does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 (prior to 25th May 2018) and the GDPR (on or after 25th May 2018) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DP Law.
The GDPR gives you the right to require your personal data held by RLL to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with procedures stated in the GDPR.
The GDPR gives you the right to ask RLL to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for RLL continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask RLL to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where RLL may have processed your information unlawfully or where RLL are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that RLL may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
The GDPR gives you the right to obtain and relocate your personal data held by RLL to another IT environment. If you notify RLL that you wish to exercise this right, RLL will arrange the transfer in machine readable form to another IT environment within one month if it is technically possible, or within two months if the transfer is complex or if there have been multiple requests.
Restriction on Processing
The GDPR gives you the right to ask RLL to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want RLL to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where RLL’s use of the data is unlawful but you do not want RLL to erase it; (c) where you need RLL to hold the data even if RLL no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to RLL’s use of your data but RLL will need to verify whether it has overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Objecting to Processing
The GDPR allows you to object to the processing of your personal data where RLL are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where RLL are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, RLL may demonstrate that it has compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Automated decision making
You also have the right under the GDPR in some circumstances not to be the subject of a decision based on automated processing or profiling which produces a legal effect or other significant effect on you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should make an objection in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, RLL may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, RLL may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Time limit to respond
RLL try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take RLL longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, RLL will notify you and keep you updated.